Awesome sheen, luxurious appeal, superior strength and lovely warmth are just some of the features of silk that make it a gorgeous fabric. Did you know, there is much more to silk than just clothing. These threads of luxury have numerous applications due to their versatility, durability and charm. And the best of them all, it is absolutely natural. It's inherent strength makes it the perfect fabric for modern furnishing needs.
It is an amazing fabric due to the plethora of features it offers:
• One of the most important traits of silk is its breathability. It is ideal to provide warmth on cold days and keep you cool on warm days. It is that an ideal all-weather fabric for all your clothing needs. This value also makes it suitable for home furnishings. Yes, you read that right, your curtains and furnishings no longer need to be synthetics. Your taste for luxury can be well fulfilled by the gorgeous silk.
• It has superior water absorption properties. It can absorb water equivalent to nearly 1/3 of its weight before it feels wet. The furniture in your Porsche or that that exposed to the kids can do just well with those occasional spills.
• It is an ideal fabric for moist and humid weathers for its moisture-wicking properties are simply amazing. This way it is apt for use around the year irrespective of season and weather.
• It's superior insulation properties retain your body heat during those chilly winter months.
• It is naturally designed in a way to prevent mold and mildew. You can stay carefree about your furniture when the atmosphere is moist.
• If you have sensitive skin or there are kids around, silk is the perfect option due to its hypoallergenic properties. Skin irritation stays at bay with silk and can easily easily with synthetic or mixed fabrics.
• It is a treat for the eyes with its luxurious appeal and alluring lustre. Silk in your furnishings is sure to woo your guests with its beauty and aura that it creates.
• Clinging and creasing is a rare occurrence because silk fabrics are static free. Your furnishings stay spick and span and low maintenance.
• The elasticity of silk threads adds to its durability. The threads can stretch a lot without breaking.
• You can achieve the perfect opacity with your curtains and drapes if you use silk.
• Silk fabric is bio-degradable and you do not have to hurt the environment for your fabric needs.
• It is very easy to take care of silk and it stands the test of time without losing its opulence. It makes a slice of legacy and can be passed down for generations.
The class and sheen that silk exudes are amazing, there are numerous options out there to embrace the luxury and make it adorn your spaces.